Healthy diets to control blood pressure – Mapple, Oatmeal and Applesauce Muffins Recipe
Hi guys, I hope you are doing well and waxing stronger in the battle against high blood pressure. Today we would be taking a look at yet another great anti-hypertension diet which is easy to prepare and delicious to the taste buds. The diet in question is the Maple, Oatmeal, Applesauce Muffins and we would be going through the preparation as well as the nutritional benefits of the diet.
Before going through the cooking directions, let’s first take a look at the ingredients needed for the meal. It is worthy of note that this diet is best suited for consumption as breakfast. Another fantastic thing about this meal is that it can be prepared ahead and stored to be consumed at a later date. So if you are part of the working class with busy morning schedules, you can bake a batch ahead of time, freeze and then leave it out a night before to defrost or thaw.
1 cup quick-cooking oats;
1 cup low-fat milk
1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
1 egg white
1⁄4 cup canola oil
1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1⁄3 cup brown sugar
1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons sodium-free baking powder
1 teaspoon sodium-free baking soda
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1⁄4 cup whole-wheat flour
You may not know this, but minimum sodium intake is recommended for people with high blood pressure. So we recommend that you purchase a baking soda and baking powder with minimum sodium. Now that we are clear on that, let’s go straight to the cooking directions.
1) Pre-heat oven to about 425 F
2) Either grease or line a 12 muffin tin with disposable liners, then set aside for a bit
3) Take the measuring glass, pour the cup of milk and mix with vinegar, wait for 5 minutes.
4) After taking the step above, pour the oats into a large mixing bowl and then add the milk until the oats soften.
5) Upon the softening of oats, add the following ingredients: egg white, oil, and applesauce then stir well.
6) The next step after the mixture above has settled is to add brown sugar, maple syrup, and cinnamon, then stir in the baking powder and baking soda.
7) Slowly add the flours, scraping the bowl well to combine.
8) The batter resulting from the above step should be poured into muffin cups.
9) The muffin cups should be arranged evenly on a pan and then the pan placed on the middle rack in the preheated oven and baked for about 20 – 25 minutes.
10) An indication that the muffins are done is when a tester is inserted in the center and it comes clean.
11) The final step is to remove the pan from the oven when done, then carefully remove the muffins from cups and place on a rack to dry.
Fat: 5 g